Friday, March 7, 2008

AHEM!

I said, "Who's with me?!" Right? I'm pretty sure that's what I said. Yup, I'm reading it right. "W-h-o-'-s w-i-t-h m-e-?-!"

Okay, so maybe I DID run the Fairview Fun Run 5k without training. Maybe I DID miss the parade...and the food...and the games....and almost all of the Pioneer Day celebration because I was puking (and--insert other sickening bodily function here--) my guts out at my parents house. Maybe I DID spend the rest of the day either in the bathroom or balled up in the fetal position in the guest room. And, yes, maybe this DID happen 2 years in a row!


But really, people! Does this mean I can't make a goal to overcome this and do better?!


I'd like to remind you criticizers that once upon a time, I was IN SHAPE. There was a time in my life that I RAN AND DID NOT GET SICK. In fact, there were several times that I even WON MEDALS in that Fun Run. SEVERAL!


Can't a girl be reminded of those times instead of the puky times? Noooooo. It's puky times ONLY.


Well, I'm not giving up yet. But, to help put your worrying minds a little more at ease, I will now rephrase my goal for you.


IN 2008 I will do this:

WALK
TRAIN
JOG
TRAIN
RUN
BIKE
TRAIN SOME MORE


Then I will probably do this:


FAIRVIEW FUN RUN


Then I will do this:

WALK
TRAIN
JOG
TRAIN
RUN
BIKE
TRAIN SOME MORE


THEN....I WILL DO THIS:


And now I will step off of my soapbox. That is all.

16 comments:

Emilee said...

Well I do hope that you have all those medals hanging in your bedroom to give you motivation! No fetal ball position for this gal, even if it was only 3.something miles. Love to you!

Emilee said...

One more comment and then I will leave you to your trainging. How does Mike feel about all of this?

Ben and Darci said...

Annie, I have complete faith in you that you can do this. But you might want to carry a doggy bag with you, just in case ;)

Annie said...

Em,
About Mike...Let's just say that this blog post was also aimed at him. And by the way, no offense, but I'm not feelin' the love. ;)

Annie said...

Darci,
Thanks for your faith in me. And for your sweet, tactful way of telling me I'm going to puke. ;)

Anonymous said...

Annie, I love you! I am running a 5K April 12 here in St. George. Come and run it with me! I have a 5 week training guide if you want me to email it to you. My Mike sounds a lot like yours. We will show them!

Emilee said...

I will let you two have at your 5K and if you need oxygen at any point, well I probably won't be there. Although, maybe I could strap some on and see how it goes. No wait, that probably wont work I'll let you know if I have a death wish. CHEERS!

Karole said...

Annie your hilarious!!! I wish you the best because I could NOT do that. I would be puking all over the place. Good luck to you and let me know how it goes...I BELEIVE IN YOU:)

Cashelle said...

Go for it annie! Prove everybody wrong. Sometimes that is a great motivator! Good luck. You have much more ambition than me.

Marlyce said...

Annie, I am totally with you. And by with you I mean the following. First, I'm sure you can do it, you were quite the sprinter back in the day, it will come back. And secondly, I won't be "with you" in the sense that I'll be running near you, or at all for that matter, but I'm with you in spirit. And lastly, I shall consider you crazy for putting the word "fun" next to the word "run". Happy running! You can do it!

Annie said...

Now, that's more like it! (Even if I am still sensing sarcasm in some of the comments.) And Emilee, IF I need oxygen, I'll go ahead and get my own. Thanks though. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ok. I want Annie to know how I feel about the marathon thing. I am totally excited for you to do it. I know that you can and I don't look forward to waking you up for your trainings but I will. I will also run with you if you want me too. So get up and get training. I will be really proud of you when you cross that finish line.

Emilee said...

You know I am just jealous because I can't run. I really hope that I havent offended you or Janille in my playful antics. And Mike is a wonderful husband! Also I am sure that my playful antics have helped to light a fire under your bum and give you greater motivation. Am I right? Tell me am I right?

Annie said...

It's true. You are right.

Janille said...

Thanks Emilee! Annie, so are you on for my 5K in April? Tell Mike he can run that too.

Annie said...

Welllll....I don't think I will quite be ready in April. I've got my training schedule all figured out, but I didn't plan for an April race. I would hate to have to blog about getting sick in St. George, after all the things I've been saying. ;) But, you are awesome for running it! And thanks for the invite.