Wednesday, February 25, 2009

For Amy Alleman

Mike has this awesome friend from the college days that we keep in touch with through Christmas cards and blogging. Her name is Amy. And she is amazing. Last night, we found out that her husband, Michael, was killed in combat in Iraq on Monday.

This news has slammed me.

I'm sure Amy, her 2 beautiful little boys, and Michael's family could use some prayers right now.

Here is the news story KSL did. As good as it is, believe me, it doesn't come close to doing justice to the sweet, emotional letter Amy has written to Michael on her blog. Amy - You are one strong mama.


Video Courtesy of KSL.com



Here's another one that showed up tonight (2/25). It's really sweet.


Video Courtesy of KSL.com

6 comments:

Deidra said...

I saw this on the news (a different station) and I was so sad about it, even without knowing them. We'll keep them in our prayers.

Joel and Sara said...

So sad.

Janille said...

That is such a sad story! I'm sorry for your loss of such a great friend!

A Erickson said...

Amy went to high school with Jared and I...it is so sad when it hits so close to home...you are so thoughtful to post about keeping them in our prayers. Definitely will.

Edwards Clan said...

Hey Annie! I'm glad you found our blog! It's good to "see" you guys as well and hear what you are up to. I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. What a nice tribute. It kind of hits close to home because Clint is scheduled to be deployed to Afghanistan in October 2010. Well, take care, and tell Mike hi for us!

Beth said...

Mike and Annie,
It was so good to see you at the funeral today. It felt good knowing that others were in our same situation and grieving with a friend. Please feel free to check out my blog and hopefully we can stay in touch.
bendy12@blogspot.com
Carla was stoked to see friends from the early days as well.