Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Funeral

Video Courtesy of KSL.com


The funeral service was beautiful. Really. I don't know what more I can say.

Everything was amazing. And sad. But also good.

I've posted the KSL story, but, really, it does not do justice to what actually occurred. Some of the neatest parts were not mentioned.

Such as:

-The
Patriot Guard Riders
-The inspired words spoken by Michael's family & friends
-The men in uniform standing guard over his body
-The local law enforcement standing in front of their fire trucks, police cars,& ambulances with hands on their hearts, honoring their comrade
-The multitude of children lining the street, holding little flags, hands on their hearts as the procession rolled by. Honoring their teacher.

I wish everyone could have seen those last two, especially. Seriously. As we followed along, part of the procession, and came around the corner to see all those kids lining both sides of the street, both Mike & I couldn't hold back the tears. (Yes, it's true. Mike cried.)

Spc. Alleman - Thank you for serving your country. We know you'll be with your awesome "babydoll" Amy and your 2 beautiful boys again.

2 comments:

Nicki Swilor said...

Wow! I can't imagine how amazing that must have been. I can't handle that sort of thing, because I am so emotional, but I can't tell you how thankful I am for all our soldiers. His family is definitely in my prayers. As are you.

Rikki said...

Wow! That's all I can say!