Saturday, January 28, 2012

Surgery

Warning: If you are a squeamish person, this post is probably not for you. Avert your eyes.

Ready.


Go.


I had surgery to remove a VERY LARGE cystic tumor from my stomach area. It turned out to be totally benign (yay!), but the growth also caused some damage. 


Y'know. 


Inside of me.


So, the doc had to remove a few other things while she was at it. (a.k.a. One of my ovaries. Oh and my fallopian tube. Oh and my dignity). Just kidding about the dignity. I lost that later when the nurses had to sit me on the toity and squirt me down... as I sat basically naked. I know. Awesome. Well, it was either then or when I threw up in the hallway as my nurse and Mike were taking me for a walk. Luckily another nurse grabbed a garbage can in time. I know. Awesome.


Man, that hurt though. 
Ooh. 
Hurts just thinking about it. 


Anyway, whenever it was, I know I lost my dignity somewhere because now I have NO inhibitions when it comes to lifting my shirt and showing people my skin. 


MY STOMACH. C'mon people.


And so here I am. A few days after surgery. In all my stapled glory.



I know. Awesome.


I do have some more gruesome pics of the actual surgery... but I guess I'll draw the line somewhere.

5 comments:

Emily M said...

Oh no! I am so sorry you had to go through all that- but YAY that is was benign! I hope you get feeling better quick!!

Joel and Sara said...

You always have the best outlook on things and best sense of humor:) Feel better fast!

Annie said...

Thanks! Recovery is going good so far. :)

Alayne said...

Annie, that is crazy, but the staples are kinda cool :-) You are such a trooper, and your posts make me laugh. You seem to find some humor in life's difficult situations. I hope you are back on your feet in no time!

Amy and Micheal said...

Annie! I am so sorry that I didn't know about this! I feel like a horrible friend. I am so glad that you are doing well though and that it was benign! I had c-sections for both my boys and I remember how horrible it was to sneeze with staples in... Or laugh.... Or cough... You are a trooper and I think it's safe to say that we have all lost our dignity at the hospital. I know I have, multiple times!!!!