Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay. Check.

Before the race
(Don't stare into my legs. You'll go blind.)

During the race
I don't have many "during the race" pics.  But it basically consisted of this:
  • Ride in a cramped suburban
  • Run in the hottest weather known to man (What. It was.)
  • Ride in a cramped suburban
  • Eat gogurt. Yes, gogurt
  • Ride in a cramped suburban
  • Ride in a cramped suburban
  • Ride in a cramped suburban
  • Hold the flag! (Don't forget that flag!)
  • Try to sleep in the cramped suburban
  • Don't get any sleep
  • Eat crackers
  • Run in the middle of the night, thanking my lucky stars that it's not the hottest weather known to man (What. I was.)
  • Ride in the cramped suburban
  • Ride in the cramped suburban
  • Eat gogurt. Eat crackers.
  • Wait in line for the 1 bathroom in town
  • Ride in the cramped suburban
  • Ride in the cramped suburban
  • Hold the flag!
  • Wait. Wait. Wait.
  • Run the long-awaited last leg
  • Basically have the worst and somehow the best time ever.  Did I mention the cramped suburban?
Luckily, all this awesomeness was had with some of the coolest chicas ever! (What. They are.)
Us. Minus Holly. She's also one of the coolest chicas ever, but she happened to be running at this moment.

And let's not forget our driver/pack-horse/water-boy/human GPS.

After the race in all our sleep-deprived glory

And ready for next year....right???

6 comments:

Jes and Elvin said...

I missed all the fun! Bummer. So Sad. Wish I could have been there!

Emilee said...

Nice job! I like the water boy, human gps personally, I would have stuck with him.

Cashelle said...

You look great! I've recently started running also, and I love it. Maybe we could do a race together next year.

Annie said...

That's great, Cashelley! I've recently STOPPED running, actually. Well, not so recently. Basically, I haven't run since I ran this, which was in June! So bad. Good for you, though. Keep it up!

Emilee- I like the water boy too!

Jes- We missed ya. But we did see a pregnant woman & thought of you. ;-)

Janille said...

Great Job Annie! I am so proud of you! I am counting down the weeks until I can start training again. Looks like you had a great time!

elisha said...

Hi Annie! Congrats on the Ragnar. I love that race...and hate it at the same time. It is good to see your face. I hope that face is doing so great! Aloha, lady.