Thursday, April 23, 2009

Birthday. Mine. Not a Preview.

Just what IS a Wacky Woodpecker, you ask? Well, I will show you. Right now. Twice.



I know! Wacky, right?

I love a good
Ogden Nature Center Gift Shop gift!

Thanks to one, Jenny Frame, for this much adored and coveted item.

It was just one among many nice birthday gifts, including:

These delectable little wonders.
Rikki knows they are a fave of mine. Yes, I've already eaten half the bag. Thanks Rikki!


Flowers for our yard. Cute, huh? Cute, right up until we waited too long to put them in the ground, and most of them died! Sad, but true.



Oh, don't worry. We still planted the dead ones. See? Well. Maybe they were just mostly dead, you guys. I'm thinkin' they're going to perk up. Don't you? Maybe? Anyone?... Anyone?...



Two Salon Pedicures! Oh, the goodness. One on my birthday from Mike and one for later from Mel, Doug, & Beza. Thanks so much, you guys! You Rock! As in, my socks off!
This awesomely awesome necklace from my husband. Nice, huh.



These little beauties! From none other than my parents-in-law, whom I adore. And who also gave me some money for shoes from STRIDERS -- my running shoe store of choice! Thanks Parents-in-law!!!

This book. Which I am very excited to read, though I'll admit I know nothing about it. It's from Mike, as well.

This CD! Yes, it's Taylor Swift. Yes, I am a fan.

This! Yes, well, this is a vine. If we manage to not kill this, it will eventually cover our pergola (pergulla? purgolla?) in our backyard. And we will be very happy.

I also got some pillows. And some clothes that I gave myself. And many birthday wishes, some cards, and a long drive to and from Eagle Mountain with some of my old roomies to go to this amazing girl's baby shower. But that's for another day.

And last, but certainly not least.... This sweet hat! This is from my husband... who thinks I'm 16 and a gangsta, apparently. "Well, all the teenagers at the store said it was the coolest one!" he says. Yes, the teenagers, honey. The teenagers.

By the way, teenager or not, I LOVE this hat! And I WILL be wearing it. So don't judge me.

Now. If you'll excuse me, I've gotta go meet my homeys at the Smith's Marketplace parking lot. Fo Shizzle.

9 comments:

Erin Jeanne said...

Well, Happy Happy Birthday! Looks like a good one! I love the hat! Wear it proudly!

Jennifer said...

Annie, that is funny. You are funny! Thank you for the Wacky Woodpecker demonstration. That was just fantastic. And Mike Parker, good worker on the hat. And necklace! And pedicure! And flowers! And vine! You are nice.

Ok, that is all.

Brian said...

OK - So this is perhaps the funniest blog post that I have ever read. My wife and I were laughing uncontrollably as we pictured Mike saying, "Well, all the teenagers at the store said it was the coolest one!"

Thanks guys. It's been a brutal finals week. Thanks.

Your commentary was perfect Annie. But now I am really curious what you would come away with if you did go to Smith's to pick up some Shizzle.

Sara said...

what better way to spend your birthday than with me?! gosh, you are one lucky girl. thanks so much for coming, it was great to see you, but i wish you would have worn the hat. that would have taken the shower to a whole 'nother level.

A Erickson said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I love the hat. You crack me up. And the vine will be awesome! They grow like gang-bustas...so enjoy. Don't you want to share your cadbury eggs with me? They are a super fav of mine as well.

Rikki said...

Annie You are funny! Love the hat... It is way cool I can see why the teenagers said it was the coolest.

Emilee said...

I dont know how you could possibly get anything done after watching that wacky woodpecker? I could watch it all day. Happy Birthday, You are loved!

Mike said...

It is true woody rocks. I was playing with him infront of the window and I think that the new people that just moved in next door saw me. I am sure they wonder if I am stuck at 4 yrs old. o-well!
For all the men out their shopping for birthday gifts. Go Gangsta, if you put your hands in the air and do alittle yo-yo with a gangster hat, it will make you happy. just try it. So go Gangsta she will love it.

Emilee said...

I love it Mike, please give Ben tips because I know it WILL make him happy:)