Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Country Roads, Take Me Home...

I know that song talks about West Virginia, but it always reminds me of Colorado for some reason. I don't know why.
Wait.
Yes I do.
But you're going to think I'm weird if I tell you. Oh well. You probably already think I'm weird.
John Denver sings that song.
John Denver.......Denver is in Colorado.......therefore the song must be about Colorado.
Oh.

Okay, well you probably thought I was done with the month of May.
No, no. There's more. May was a busy month.

Mike got to come with me to revisit my past. We drove to a little place in Colorado where I used to spend my ranching days, called King Mountain Ranch. Okay, I only worked there one summer. But it was a summer of things I won't forget and was a real turning point in my life.

Anyway, we got to stay in Parshall with my awesome long lost friend T. Her husband, daughter, and dogs let us take over their house for a few days. Which we greatly appreciated. We appreciated it almost as much as the magnificent breakfasts that were cooked. (Yes, that was for you, C.) And the SWEET horse ride through the hills of Parshall, with the perfect amount of loping involved (Thanks T!). And the great hospitality of the Bar Lazy J Ranch Staff, who allowed us to hang around, fish the river, and eat their food (which was wonderful, too!).

While I didn't get all the pics I wanted, here are a few:


Derailed train on the way

Mike on the way

C & Munchkin

Us at King Mountain

Here come the horses

Mike happy

Just swingin'

Sweet, spunky Munchkin

Nice, Mike. Nice.

Above Byer's canyon

Hey cowgirl

Just like the old days. Almost.

12 comments:

Emilee said...

Well its good to know that you havent given up on blogging. I am glad you and Mike had fun going to Colorado.

Julie M. said...

Looks like fun! I sure miss the mountains!! And, John Denver reminds me of CO too! For the same reason, so no, you are not weird! Plus, he sings that song "Rocky Mountain High" and I just think of CO!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You were busy! That looks like so much fun. I'm glad you had a good time revisiting your past. The time I took my Mike to Fish Lake (were I worked) we both got food poisoning from eating there. NOT A GOOD NIGHT!

Saysha said...

LeeLee...anytime I need a good smile I just look up your blog. How did you get so darn funny? Everything you write on there I can hear you saying and I just laugh. You rock...keep your blog posts comin', eh? Not many people are as funny as you...(and no..I'm not talking about looks) :o) Miss ya LeeLee!

Annie said...

Saysh,
Glad it's not just my looks that bring the laughter. :) Thanks for the comment. Miss you, too.

Scott B. said...

It was good to see you both, albeit briefly in Preston last weekend.

Rikki said...

Annie,
I'm excited for you. How fun that you got to go to Colorado and relive your past. I remember you talking abou the ranch. Your month of May looked like a fun one too.

Bobbi said...

Hi MIke and Annie--I saw your name on Katelyns blog and wanted to see how you were doing!! I love the pictures!!

Anonymous said...

We did have a great time in Colorado. It was way fun to get to know Chad and Tammy.(thanks for having us.) I need to go back later in the year and fish that dang river. Hi to everyone who watches this blog that I know. Also, update on annies runnig. she as been kickin A on her training. good job babe!

Jeremy & Andrea said...

Mike and Annie, it's good to see your blog. Hope to see you at the reunion. Best of luck.

Scott B. said...

Mike,

send me a new email address for you or phone number...none of my contact info for you works anymore.

scott (dot) bosworth (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Okay Annie I am starting "These is my Words" today. I will keep you posted on how i like the book. ( I had to go buy the book because Payson Library sucks!)