Sunday, June 29, 2008

An acquired taste

I like these.

I don't know why. I first tried one at my Mom's house and thought they were quite disgusting. Why ruin a good cracker, I thought. What's with throwing wierd herbs & oils into the mix?

But then as the weekend continued I found myself alone with them sitting there in front of me. And rather than getting up and looking in the cupboard where there was sure to be other kinds of snacks (in fact, many, many other kinds of snacks since my Mom is the coolest and makes sure to have some of our favs on hand), I instead reached my hand into the box and had another. Still I didn't think they were great. But they were there, so I partook.



Well, it came time to leave and my Mom handed us a full box of none other than......Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits. Turns out she doesn't like them.


Funny.


Anyway, I like to eat and since 3 hours is far too long for me to wait for my next meal, I popped a few of those little things in on the drive home. Well, they rid me of my hunger pains, but still didn't do much for my taste buds.


A few days later Mike did the grocery shopping and of course came home with a new box. I know. I guess he liked them. I had a few because you can't let things go to waste, y'know.


Now, do you know what I eat ALL. THE. TIME? Yes, that's right. The next grocery shopping trip I came home with TWO boxes of those little guys.


Now they are a standing item on the list.


Ridiculous.

13 comments:

Emilee said...

I would like to think that you arent refering to any other time than mothers day when you were down here. Please if it was other than mothers day do not let me know I will be so disheartened that you would be but a few blocks from our humble abode and not let us aware of your existence in our small community. By the way how about the 10 year reunion? You coming? oh yeah and the crackers, no not my fav, but I could see me eating them too if that was what was next to me.

Anonymous said...

O that reminds me of the days after school eating all of your moms snacks! You guys always had the best treats. But nothing tops popcorn and orange julius! I've never tried the crackers but I will now!

So, back to you New Years goal of the Top of Utah Marathon, are you still game? I think I want to run that one instead of St. George. Will you be my running partner? SEPTEMBER 20th!

Anonymous said...

I liked the little fellas since the first time we kissed. I think I will go right now and see if there are any left in the closet. Emily, we are not coming to your 10year. My 10 year is the same day and cant be at two places at the same time. Since I was quite a thing to behold in high school, we better go to Preston. We will see you on the 24th! Here comes the rath of oakly!wait for it.

Annie said...

Emilee, my friend -
Do not fret. I have not been there since Mother's Day. Sad, but true. We don't get down there nearly as much as we would like to. I miss you guys. And my fam, of course. P.S. We are totally IN on the reunion. Will you still accept my questionaire if I mail it off today? I lost it for awhile then found it so I'm sorry. I'll also email a pic today.

Annie said...

So obviously I hadn't read Mike's comment before that last post. He's right about ONE thing -- his reunion is the same day. But I AM most definitely going to MINE. Emilee, I'll let him know he's no longer invited to ours because it turns out he's a punk.

Annie said...

And he doesn't know how to spell your name. And he apparently kissed some little fellas?? Not sure what THAT'S all about!!

Anonymous said...

That is so high school disinviting me to the reunion. I am sure Ben will give me a personal invite if you guys don't want me there.

Emilee said...

Oh I miss you guys! And yeah Mike learn to spell my name punk. And you and all your 10 graduates can have your own stupid reunion ours will be Supercalifragilisticexpealidocias.

Emilee said...

oh and yes your questionnaire will always be accepted Annz

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike--you can stay at my house and eat any flavor Triscuits you want while Annie & Em & Ben are at the reunion (anyone who would give up HIS reunion so his darling wife could go to HERS deserves at least a Triscuit!) And I wish ALL you kids would come and eat snacks at our house again--we miss you!! Love, Annie's mom

Anonymous said...

Em I miss spelled your name on purpose because I know it gets your feathers all ruffled. And I will have you know that my school is alot bigger then yours and everyone graduates weather they know how to spell or not and we can dig potatoes like no one else. Terry I will always eat your triscuits and snacks even if I get cast out of Sanpete High. ps I had some triscuits last night they were really good, but some of them had more seasoning on them then others. I like them more with lots of seasoning. "Peace"

Emilee said...

Yeah for Annies mom always settling our quarrels. We will definitely be over for crackers after this dang reunion is over!

The Wright Fam said...

I must agree! I hated them at first too, and now...I love them! LOL!! hope you guys are having a fun summer!